Friday

Friday Fix: Steals and Deals!

I have long been a secret fan of Chadwicks, the discount clothing magazine.  They require patience and a good eye (there is absolutely no point in saving money on something that looks cheap).  But every now and then, I'll find something fabulous.  And when I do, I wear it like it's from Bergdorf's.  True story: I once wore a Chadwicks dress that cost me $34 to a meeting with the President of the United States.  And it looked fantastic with a pair of Oscar de la Renta suede heels. 

Here are some of my favorite spring picks:

Audrey Sheath Dress, $49.99.  This is the cutest.  The green and white is going to give Lilly Pulitzer a run for her money! Also available in cantaloupe, black and white, and pink.















I'm head-over for this yellow ruffle "Charlotte" dress at $49. Also comes in blue, apricot, green, and black and white polka dot - would probably look very parisian, no?















This skirt-suit will be making its way into my closet shortly. Very chic little number - I can't decide if I want the yellow or the navy. Maybe both at $59? Also in apricot, white, and green.















This Preppy Blazer has a future at $39, and the blue Belted Jacket at $49 would be adorable with a pair of pink capris and an Hermès scarf tied over the hair.















Really cute skirt at $29 - the styling reminds me a bit of J.Crew.











A final word: I know you've heard it before, but the adage is tried and true: invest more in your accessories than your clothes if you have to choose. Cotton looks like cotton whether you spent $100 or $1,000, but you can rarely pass off pleather as the real thing (or have it last more than a season). Quality bags and shoes raise everything else you're wearing to the same standard.

P.S. Chadwicks usually has some sort of email deal running, so be sure to sign up - you can almost always get 10% to 20% off your order! 

All images, Chadwicks.com.

3 comments:

MK said...

Definitely someplace I've dismissed out of hand, but you're making me rethink things. I like that ruffle front dress! How does the sizing run compared to Banana or J.Crew?

Sanity Fair said...

Good question MK! It runs fairly even - my experience is that J.Crew sizes smaller than BR. I'd say that Chadwicks tends to be closer to BR (i.e. more generous than J.Crew). However, you do have to keep in mind that Chadwicks sells several brands, so it's not hard and fast. But, if you sign up for their emails you'll often get free shipping orders, so that takes some of the risk out of it (worth doing if you see something you really want).

Beth Connolly said...

When you have a good eye, as you clearly do, you can find great things almost anywhere.

Disclosure

Shop Hop, Great Steals, and some posts may include paid links. View our disclosure policy here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails