Wednesday

Hip Victorians

In the category of "Movies I've Missed" is The Young Victoria, a recent British release. It's an unusual take on the Victorian era, avoiding that dour Victorian feel (Doilies. Heavy oak furniture. Morals. You get the picture). Much like Kirsten Dunst's Marie Antoinette, this is all young love, uncertain girlhood, and a fair bit of fashion. No tottering matrons-in-mourning here. BONUS: Emily Blunt (yes, of The Devil Wears Prada!) stars as Victoria. We knew her imperial attitude to Anne Hathaway wouldn't go to waste.

Trailer, click here.

Back in May, Michael Roberts did a beautiful photo story with Blunt (loosely) based on the Victorian era for Vanity Fair. GORGEOUS.





All images, Vanity Fair.

10 comments:

Ingrid Mida said...

I would love to see this movie! The blue gown in the photos is from spring/summer Dior. It is divine.

ticklishfromadistance said...

I would love to see this movie as well. I saw all of these images around blogland and they alone made me want to see this movie!

annechovie said...

Those photos are stunning! Isn't she dating Michael Buble?

Sanity Fair said...

Anne - was, sadly. Perez and HuffPo both reported a breakup back in July (cheating. What else?).

studioJudith said...

Glorious FROUF!
I must look for this film ... .
thanks for the heads up.

jjjj

Beth Connolly said...

Looks wonderful.

Sarah Klassen said...

I'm so excited for this movie! I saw image 03 somewhere, but without literature, so I had no idea what it was for. Thanks to you, I do now!

She is such a lovely, natural person, and I enjoyed her character so much in "The Devil Wears Prada". I'm off to watch that trailer...

Also, thank you for your comment :)

Kalee said...

Cannot wait to see this!

Southern Aspirations said...

Lovely lovely outfits! Must add to my list as well.

Averill said...

I think this would make a perfect double feature with Dunst's Antionette -- such a fun girl night!

I love Emily Blunt and the imperial haughtiness that she did so well on The Devil Wears Prada is PERFECT for Victoria.

Disclosure

Shop Hop, Great Steals, and some posts may include paid links. View our disclosure policy here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails