Thursday

A LITTLE COLOR STORY

My heart did a little flip-flop when I saw this newly renovated kitchen space by The Pink Pagoda.


I have a terrible thing for green and blue these days - leaf and sky, tree and stream, it's a color combination that soothes. I went chartreuse in the living room earlier this year, and worried that bold, bold shock of green would knock me down every time I walked through the door. So the serenity of it surprised me - when the afternoon light comes sifting through the windows, it feels a bit like you're in a forest. I couldn't be happier. 

My home:

It's a palette getting its due in fashion. The Tory Burch fall collection included just. smashing. blue and white fabrics, with plenty of green plants sprinkled through the shoots - not all that different from her home in Southhampton, featured in Architectural Digest.


And of course, it's a fresh as it is classic. Here, a detail from Gabriel Metsu's Woman Reading a Letter (currently on view at the National Gallery, in the exhibition Vermeer and the Masters of Genre Painting).

Be sure to click over to The Pink Pagoda to see more of her fabulous kitchen reveal.

No comments:

Disclosure

Shop Hop, Great Steals, and some posts may include paid links. View our disclosure policy here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails