Sunday

Bamboozled

If there's one decorating element I'm nuts about, it's bamboo. I can't get enough of it. Bamboo has a rare knack for fitting in with both the elegant and the organic, and it never looks stuffy. Popular because of its sustainable qualities, bamboo is also enjoying a resurgence in the home market right now (bamboo flooring, in particular). But I love it best as an accent piece - it always adds a touch of the unexpected.










It's snowing outside my home today, and I took this picture of sugar cane breaks (a bamboo relative). The photo reminded me of a painting by artist Qiao Seng, Bamboo in Snow, which prompted me to rummage through some of my old decor files. Below, a retrospective on bamboo.

White bamboo chairs add something special to two very different rooms (courtesy Domino archives):










Bamboo mirror flatware, very similar to Van Day Truex's iconic pattern for Tiffany's. I recently purchased this for my dining room and it lends a touch of whimsy to the most blasé frozen meal. $29.99 at a Target near you.















Nancy Reagan's remodel of the White House master bedroom in the 1980s included this bamboo and bird patterned wallpaper.

















Beautiful bamboo hardware from Brass Accents at Homeclick.com. Stunning added to a dark cabinet or dresser; the gold really pops. Affordably priced at under $5.

No comments:

Disclosure

Shop Hop, Great Steals, and some posts may include paid links. View our disclosure policy here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails