Tuesday

SUMMER FRESH

I recently decided to freshen up a few spaces around my apartment for summer - who isn't ready for a change? I switched out some pillows in the living room, and tossed in a green throw, which is perfect for the frigid summer a/c (I found it at Hattan Home, a purveyor of lovely, colorful home goods - it's the pom pom throw in lime).


I made the palm pillows out of a Tommy Bahama tablecloth, and the lattice ribbon pillow DIY is HERE.

Here's the "winter" version (the cheetah print is what gives it away).


I'm also switching out a rug. Completely unplanned, but when I found this beautiful stencil-look rug for TWENTY FIVE dollars at T.J. Maxx, I couldn't resist!

Here's the "winter" version.

What about you? Do you change out your decor with the seasons?

14 comments:

Lindsay @ Hattan Home said...

Miss Sanity Fair! Love Love seeing your Hattan Home throw styled in your gorgeous living room! Yay!

julielorusso@gmail.com said...

It looks great. As always, I love your style.

Cassie Bustamante said...

love it and love keeping it fresh! the palm pillows are fabulous!

The Pink Pagoda said...

Love your new look!

Kathysue said...

I do change out my look for the seasons, In fact I am in the midst of a changeout right now. Just waiting for my pillows to come back from the upholsterer. I love changing it up a bit. I also love the addition of green to your room,Great choice,
Kathysue

Holly B said...

I love the summery tropical look! What an easy change to make to give the room an entirely new feel. You've inspired me to get some new throws and pillows to rotate for the seasons.
Holly

Anonymous said...

Where did you get those fabulous pillows? (Giant palm leaves)

Andrea said...

Looking good, Skyla!! Where can I find one of those fabulous Tommy Bahama tablecloths?? Great idea for the pillows!!

XOXO,
The Glam Pad

Casey said...

I do try to switch things up seasonally. but where do you store the old stuff?

Katie said...

Your mini-makeover looks beautiful! It's great to see what a change you can make in the overall feel of a room just by changing out a few items. I love the "island" theme! Very summery!

Kellie said...

What a perfect way to theme a mostly white room. That is a great idea and the room looks so inviting. Just beautiful!

Samantha said...

Love your fresh style.

I switch a bit - lightening up for summer.

it support atlanta said...

wow lovely!!!i love its style..refreshing to stay at..:)

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Love the new look...great price too!

Disclosure

Shop Hop, Great Steals, and some posts may include paid links. View our disclosure policy here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails