Wednesday

Oscar de la Renta and Fairy Tale Princesses

When I came across this picture of an Oscar de la Renta wedding dress in the Spring Martha Stewart Weddings I swooned. It's a beautiful confection of white petal-like layers and dreamily floating fabric. Very fairy tale princess, I thought. In fact, it reminded me of a beautiful illustration from one of my favorite fairy tales as a child. Beverlie Manson's exqusite drawings brought the story of Sleeping Beauty to life - and this wedding dress has the spirit of her good fairy, who protects Sleeping Beauty from death by casting her into a deep sleep. Beautiful, no?


















Images: Martha Stewart Weddings, Golden Press.

2 comments:

Together We Save said...

That dress in beautiful. It is a fairy princess dress.

Sanity Fair said...

Yes, it's incredible. Thanks for the comments! I am sad to add, however, that the price is a little less dreamy - over $19,000!

Disclosure

Shop Hop, Great Steals, and some posts may include paid links. View our disclosure policy here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails